Carter and Son Toolworks SGDT-12 Lathe Detail Spindle Gouge - Carter and Son Toolworks
Its no wonder M42 high speed steel is favored across industries. A distinct cobalt additive bumps M42s red hardness off the charts for impressive wear resistance. And M42s unique structure produces a finer, sharper edge.
For you, M42 means less time grinding and cleaner cuts at the lathe. Carter & Son was founded because we realized many tools are machined from subpar steel, leaving us (and you!) making far too many trips to the grinder. M42 is the optimal steel for turning wood. It holds a long-lasting razor edge and is quickly sharpened on a conventional grinder.
Blade measures 3/8 outside diameter x 8 overall. Flute measures 1/4 x 4-1/4. 3/8 tang diameter. 12 x 3/4 handle & 3/8 adapter.
- Blade measures 3/8 outside diameter x 8 overall. Flute measures 1/4 x 4-1/4. 3/8 tang diameter. 12 x 3/4 handle & 3/8 adapter.
- Superior M42 high speed steel ensures less grinding & cleaner cuts at the lathe
- Completely interchangeable handle system
- 100% American manufacturing backed by a lifetime guarantee & hassle-free returns
- Put comfort and control first with an aluminum handle