Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools WWR12 Woodworking Rule, 12-Inch
- -Blade machined from aircraft-grade aluminum and anodized for surface protection and appearance
- -Precise laser engraved markings, 1/16-inch graduations
- -Markings engraved on a 30 degree bevel for easy alignment to pencil marks
- -Finger groove down center to help position the rule into place
- -Sits flat because of a recess down center of bottom surface
What makes our Woodworking Rule better than your average yardstick? First, its much more accurate with precise laser engraved markings. Second, its straighter and heavier. Third, it sits flat because of a recess down the center of the bottom surface. Fourth, it has both a standard and a center scale. Fifth, the markings are engraved on a 30 degree bevel for easy alignment to pencil marks. And finally, it looks nicer. When you look at all the different rules being sold in retail stores, they're all pretty much intended for framing houses or general purpose use without any thought on how to make them better for those of us who build furniture and cabinets. Tape measures are great if your building a shed. They're not dependably accurate enough for finished furniture parts. Tape measures also don't make good straight edges to draw lines with.