Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools COPESLED1 Coping Sled
- Traps board between adjustable top plate and fence with slotted top plate
- Easily adjusts for material up to 5-1/2-inches
- Two clamps move to the center of the work piece to prevent lifting
- Clear guide allows the sled to track along the fence rather than the miter slot
- Includes fully illustrated, detailed instructions
The new Woodpeckers Coping Sled is the router table accessory you need to make rail & style doors, tenons , lap joints and most other end grain cuts. The Woodpeckers Coping Sled uses two techniques to secure the your work piece. First it traps the board between the adjustable top plate and the fence. The slotted top plate is easily adjusted for material up to 5-1/2-inches wide. Trapping the board this way prevents the router bit from spinning the board. Controlling this rotational force is the most important part of accurately shaping end grain. Second, two clamps hold the piece down to prevent lifting. However very little clamping pressure is needed because the board is trapped as explained earlier. The two clamp knobs are part of the clamp beam which is adjustable so it can easily be set to the center of the board. Two handles are used to lock the clamp beam in place. Their location is always directly above the clamping force and well away from the router bit. Another important feature is the clear guide. The primary purpose of the guide is to allow the sled to track along the fence rather than the miter slot. Includes step-by-step, fully illustrated instructions.