Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools 1281R Precision 12'' Square
- Both the blade and base are machined from a single aluminum block
- Each square is anodized for durability and laser engraved with inch scale markings for general marking and measuring reference
- Each square includes a custom fitted block which holds the square, protects it from scratches and dings and can be wall mounted for easy access
- Covered by a Lifetime Guarantee to stay square to within a minimum of .001 or we will replace it
- More user-friendly features include a finger slot in the blade to hold it exactly in place when checking square ends
The 1281 Square starts as a solid piece of very expensive, extremely stable cast aluminum tool plate. This large plate is carefully machined in multiple high RPM passes on our state-of-art CNC equipment. The result is a single piece square with a 12" blade and 8" handle. Our manufacturing process insures the 1281 Square is accurate to within one thousandth of an inch or less along the full length of the tool. Far higher degree of square then what is possible with the typical two piece design. Two additional pieces of precision-machined aluminum form cheeks for the handle. These cheeks are fitted to the square with two stainless steel pins that ensure bulletproof rigidity and perfect alignment. Easy to read measurement scales are laser etched in 1/16 the increments on both sides of the blade. We also offer the 1281 Square in metric, 1mm scales. All 1281 Squares come in a custom-fitted case that's ready to mount on your shop wall.