M-Power PSS1 Sharpening System DC De-Burring Plate
- Using the PSS is one of the fastest ways to touch up or regain an edge on a plane blade or chisel.
- The speed and ease has been further improved with a neat addition to the PSS accessory range.
- It removes the Wire or Burr from the back of the blade!
- The Oil resistant 3M self adhesive backing ensures that when it's fitted it's down for good.
- The graded 1000 grit / 9 Micron diamond is embedded in a nickel plating on steel substrate.
Regardless of what system a woodworker chooses to sharpen or re-touch the edge of a blade with. A result of the process is going to be raising a burr or wire on the back or flat of the chisel. The successful removal or "Backing Off" of the wire is an important part of the sharpening process. The burr is actually the abraded tip or old edge of the chisel that's being removed. When sharpening on the PSS the burr removal was carried out by hand; wiping the flat of the blade on one of the PSS diamond stones. However this can now be achieved much more quickly by fitting the PSS accessory "De-Burring plate" After sharpening simply sliding the blade back away from the carriage and across the De-Burring plate and the wire/burr is wiped clean from the blade. Fitting the De-Burring plate has an added bonus; due to the naturally abrasive surface of the diamond plate. Holding any chisel or plane blade during the sharpening process becomes easier as the diamond plated surface tends to grip and hold the blade in position better.